Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ten months and two trips

Before you get too excited, no these are not "The Plans". I am pretty sure there would be lot more notice if we were at real planning stage. Not to mention there would have been a lot more posting about a whole heap more stuff.
But for the moment, I do have some travel plans. My big two girls have the opportunity to go to an Australia wide jamboree in Tasmania with Girl Guides. We have been talking about this for a few years now, but suddenly it is a reality. Their applications are in and here goes an intense year of fundraising.


And you might wonder what the littlest one and I are planning on doing? Well we are going to Melbourne. One of my closest friends lives there so it is too good an opportunity to go while I only have one of my girls with me! Perth is (apparently) the most isolated capital city in the world. It is certainly very isolated from the rest of Australia, so it makes any planned trip just that little bit more expensive by the time you include airfares.

But that is just one trip. I also got a facebook message today that my primary school is having a reunion for its 50th birthday. Coincidentally, this it will also be 20 years since my class graduated. So we have a road trip planned for September as well! Well vaguely planned. Maybe 'to be planned when I get some information' would be a  more accurate way of describing it, but either way it should be fun!

To go back to basics, as excited as I am about our upcoming trips, there is something to be said for the dreaming stage. You get the fun of planning without the stress of how you are going to finance it!


No comments:

Post a Comment