Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ode to Lela

Firstly I would just like to say, that I am a little annoyed. Today is Monday. Therefore I had a legitimate reason to waffle about what ever 'philosophical' stuff I wanted to. Do you think I can think of anything? No. So instead I thought I would do a belated Valentine's Day-ish tribute to my co-Two Mummy Ducker and to our friendship. Partly because I thought of it and partly to see if she is really checking in to see what rubbish I am writing on our joint blog in our joint names! (*waves* Hi Lela).

This is post is really about one particular aspect. I could write for ages but I would sound stupid and you would all begin to wonder what I had done that I was sucking up to her about.

But I think my favourite thing about our friendship is that in addition to being able to tell Lela everything, I love that we can share our excitement over whatever our latest scheme is. Whether we are planning on doing something together or separately. We can share, get excited and then, after we have been excited, we can talk about details and realities (or otherwise about what we are planning on doing).

For example:-
  1. Hundreds of ideas I have had for various books (so far none have been completed but Lela has sounded supportive about every one).
  2. An investment club (I have posted about this previously if you are interested. Definitely joint enthusiasm! Both times).
  3. Lela's business (I hope I was enthusiastic! And definitely a successful venture).
  4. Virtual bookclub (recent plan. Will let you know if it works).
  5. Two Mummy Duck adventuring (we are having fun so I think this counts!).
These are just a few examples, but yesterday's 'adventure' I think was one of our stranger ones. And please note, I am using the term 'adventure' very loosely.

Lela's sister-in-law is starting as a consultant for a company that sells, amongst other things, body wraps. Lela is a lovely supportive SIL and has agreed to have a party. Not only that she is so excited about these products that she has got me excited and ready to book a party before I have even seen them!

They are beyond cool. I lost more then 4 cm off my stomach (around my belly button) within a few hours. So clearly her enthusiasm was justified. But we must have looked insanely funny. The children were very confused about all these women getting gladwrap around there tummies. Then we are all rubbing them for best results. My youngest watched with great interest as I carefully re-marked my stomach so I can measure again this afternoon and at 48 hours and 72 hours!

We will update you later on how it all goes from that point of view. What made me smile the most is the wonderfulness of having friends who uplift you and encourage you and laugh with you rather then the ones who drag you down. Our heads are allowed to be in the clouds for a little while before you need to plant your feet on the ground. And being grounded doesn't mean you can't dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment