Friday, February 3, 2012

Self Fulfilling Prophecy

This post probably would have made more sense in early January, but I am claiming it as being one of the first few days of the New Year in the Chinese calendar, or reflection as I approach my birthday and enter a new year for me. Really you may justify it anyway you like! Or I guess, as this is my blog, it pretty much means I can waffle as much as I like (and that I am the only person to blame if you all stop following to me as clearly I just talk too much about nothing. I am like this in real life too. Just ask Lela).

But back to the point. After much consideration I have decided this year is going to be awesome. Why you may ask? Three simple reasons. First 'Twenty Twelve' is just simply much easier to say then 'Twenty Eleven'. I feel this bodes well.

Secondly, I just knew it was going to be a fabulous year once I found out it was the Chinese Year of the Dragon. (See? My opening paragraph did have some relevance) and I just love dragons. I don't know when or why this started but I actually have quite a nice little collection of them. It also makes it easy for people to get me presents when they have no other ideas!

The final, and most important, reason is I simply believe in self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe things are going to work out, in most cases they will. A lot of the time it is all about your perspective. Clearly not always, but a lot of the time it is.

If anyone is still reading, wishing you a very happy year of the Dragon (even if I am a few days too late!) and I hope 2012 is a year where you get to make some of your dreams come true!

Cath xx


PS Apologies to anyone who also follows me at Mummies Are People Too. Halfway through writing this I couldn't out which blog this belonged on so decided to post it on both. I have also realised this should really have been a Monday Musing post, but because you are all special, you can all have it on Friday instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment