Friday, January 20, 2012

Safety in numbers

I bet it doesn't come as a surprise that I like doing things with a group. And that I like progress with ... um ... not exactly reward but ... acknowledgement? A sense of achievement? People to celebrate with? Admittedly, I also like the idea of being accountable to other people. Letting down yourself is one thing, but you can't let down your team.

I am part of several "groups" at the moment. Collectively a few girl-friends and I are on a mission to lose some weight, but more importantly to improve our fitness and get healthy. A different friend has also started a book club. We have our first get together on Sunday. I am a little excited about this one.

However the group I am so very, very excited about is a new investment network Lela and I are a part of. A group of women with different backgrounds, pooling our collective financial resources and skills and knowledge to get together and purchase shares. How can this not be exciting?!

This is the second investment network that we have been a part of. The first one was very successful money wise. We got a nice little return at the end of it. We also learnt a lot about running a group like this the first time and we are looking forward to the second generation. As much as making millions would be nice, more importantly it is a way of learning about a whole new area, meeting some new people and taking a little bit of control about our financial future. And who knows?! Depending on how things go, it could end up being a major source for financing our ultimate TMD adventure!

If you have been a part of something like this, please feel free to share any advice with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment