Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And you thought we had been doing nothing ....

I would just like to say that just because we have not been blogging (either on here or on our respective personal blogs), it does not mean life has not been busy and full of adventuring! But busy or not, we still have had time for some Two Mummy Ducking. In all fairness, this is made easier when clearly everyday stuff comes into this category, but let's not focus on this! Real life is important too ;)

One of my favourite TMD adventures was an outing with five of our seven ducklings (my three and Lela's two girls). We took them to the theatre to see a musical version of "Little Women". It is one of my all-time favourite books and my big two girls (aged 12.5 and 11) have read it and loved it too. I have to admit I was a little sceptical about it being turned into a musical, but I really liked it! Most importantly the girls all enjoyed it and all five of them were so good!

I love amateur theatre. It is a cheap night out (usually less then a movie ticket), you are exposing your children to ideas and concepts that they may not usually get and you get to support your local community. We are very spoiled to have a few amateur groups in Perth that perform to professional standard, in my opinion anyway, even if the stage and sets etc may not be as grand.

Definitely worth checking out in your local area!

No comments:

Post a Comment