Thursday, February 16, 2012

Achievements!

I know I have blogged here before about perspectives and for some bizarre reason this blog at the moment is about me musing, but for the moment you will just have to make do with that! Realistically, this was a ten(ish) year goal so I guess it is not surprising that the actual TMDing is going to slow down sometimes.

Sometimes I need to set myself long term goals. Sometimes I can only cope with short term ones. You know, like get out of my pyjamas or do the dishes (I struggle with do the dishes, but I would happily live in my pyjamas).

I got my six monthly statement for the TMD bank account today! It doesn't have a lot in it. But wow! We have an account. With real money. It feels like a goal achieved! The simple act of changing a dream into a goal is an accomplishment in itself. Well I think it is anyway.

Other things I have achieved this week:
  1. A fortnight of work. There was no annual leave or sick leave on my last pay slip. After the last four months this is a major achievement.
  2. Someone gave my other blog an award! So excited.
  3. I have survived the rollar-coaster journey of the last 32 years of my life and have come out realtively unscathed! And I am looking forward to the next 64ish (hopefully more. I am planning on living until I am 108).
  4. I helped my babies through the loss of a beloved pet.
  5. I have blogged.
  6. I spent a whole day gardening (this was actually a week or two ago but was such a big thing for me that I am going to mention it anway).
  7. I  have started back at circuit class.
What have you done this week? Remember to celebrate your achievements. It is much more fun then feeling bad about what you didn't get done.

Cath xx

PS Yes, at the moment I am using the Monday Musing label rather loosely! When we start blogging more about other things I promise I will cut my musing back to one day a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment