Monday, July 11, 2011

Getting down to basics

I am in a bit of an organise-my-life type phase at the moment. I do this periodically. I know I go a bit over the top, but when I settle down a bit I am always in a better position then I was when I started even if I don't stick to all my good intentions. I am not going to bore you all with details here. If you are interested I am sure I will post on my blog at some point about it. (I haven't yet, so please don't check! Well, I would love you to check my blog of course but not for this reason. Right, now that is "clear" ...).

I am looking at my fitness, my general health, my house, my plans (long term and short term), my dreams, my career, my studies, my finances. These are all deliberately "mine". Obviously my girls feature in them all but at the end of the day they are my decisions. I am the mum and it is my job to look after them! And take responsibility for the way our lives are going. And to bring them up so that one day they can do the same.

For the purposes of our Two Mummy Ducking, obviously at this point the setting financial goals are important! I have been inspired by what we are doing here to work out ways of better managing my money in my real life too! So now we (and this we is me and Lela) are on the search for any good blogs about how to manage/make/save money better. If you have any suggestions please let us know. We would love to hear from you :)

So that is my musing for this Monday. I feel I was less vague this week ;) ... until next time!

Cath xx

No comments:

Post a Comment