Friday, May 20, 2011

Money Making Idea


I was listening to 720 radio the other day and they posed the question, "Would you pick up 5c coin?"

Now, I would pick up 5c. Not because it's money but because I could chant

"Find a penny,
pick it up.
Make a wish,
it'll bring good luck"

But it got me thinking, 5c and even 10c coins, on their own are not really worth much. But collectively, they can be worth quite a bit. And this idea was confirmed when a sweet lady called the radio station and told us listeners how her church has been collecting 5c pieces for the building fund. I can't remember how much she said the balance is now at, but I believe it is in the tens of thousands.

So I've decided to start a 5c jar. I won't exclude 10c or even 20c, I'm not the sort to discriminate. ;) But every few days I'll clean out my purse and my 'shrap' box in the car and pop these worthy silver coins in my 5c jar.

And if I find a penny on the street, I think you can guess what I'll be wishing for. (and after I put it in my pocket, it'll be going in the 5c jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment