Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Story Worth Telling

There two stories which were part of my inspiration for blogging this story. Not that I am expecting book deals or really anyone to follow this journey other then ourselves and maybe our children one day, but I love that fact that people can put their stories out there for others to read if they are interested and I love that you can cheer random strangers along in their journeys. Whether it be life in general for for a specific task.

The first time I came across this was when I found a random book in a second-hand booksale. 'Save Karyn' tells the story of how one girl blogged her way to clearing her debts. You can check out her website at http://www.prettyinthecity.com/save-karyn/.

The second story, of course, is 'Julie & Julia'. Every other person in that cinema seemed to walk out with a desire to cook, I left dying to start a blog!!! (This also says something about my undomesticatedness but that is another story). Which I did, although I still don't think I quite have the hang of finding my own niche. Needless to say I loved the movie and I have now found the book. I will post again when I have read it! The original blog is found at: http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/.



I fully admit with both these stories, that I didn't follow the blogs as they were happening. I only found out about them afterwards, but I love the idea that one of the random blogs I follow may one day be an awesome movie or a fun book. More importantly, I love the fact that I get to share these people's stories through their blogs even if they are never publised any more widely then that.

What is your story? We would love to read about your life too!

Cath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment