Friday, May 13, 2011

These boots were made for walking


Did you know there are 14481km between Perth and London.

And an average person takes about 1243 steps to walk a km.

And that equates to 17 999 883 steps if I was to walk to London (from Perth).


Cathy and I have undertaken the goal of 'walking' to London, the first stop on our world tour, to add 'in the moment' interest to our goal. I didn't quite realise how many steps that would be....18 million....thats a lot of steps......

Generally, we are encouraged to aim for 10 000 for a healthy active lifestyle. So using this as our daily aim it will take about 1800 days to walk to London. Or nearly 5 years. Hmmm that's a long time.

However, I think this will be fun. We are working on a google map to track our step tally, but I think a ticker will work well on the blog too...stay tuned for that. And so you don't get bored, we'll update our step tally as a meme, These Boots were made for Walking Wednesday.

And once we have achieved our goal, I think we'll need a reward. Not really sure what that can be, but we are open to suggestions.

xxLela

No comments:

Post a Comment