Thursday, June 9, 2011

A sneak peak into a conversation

As you can imagine, we are spending a fair bit of time dreaming along with our goal-setting. We are thinking for the time being Fridays might be our day for dreaming about where we might go! This week to kick off our 'Friday Fantasy' posts with we thought we would let you have a sneak peak into our collective thoughts and have a bit of a general brainstorm ... but let you read along.



(Just for clarity, Lela is italics, and responds to Catherine in bold italics. Catherine is non-italics and responds to Lela in bold non-italics)

Waterstones
Waterstones is the biggest bookshop in Europe. Be still my beating heart. You have no idea how much this excites me! Its flagship store even has a bar! Not that I am much of a drinker, tea is more my thing, but, oh how fun would it be to grab a stack of books and good glass of red! Imagine that!

Books? Did somone say books? I am soooo with Lela on this one! Well except f
or the not being much of a drinker bit ;)

This shop claims to be the leading supplier of fabric to theartre, film, fashion and interior design and claims to stock a range of 14000 fabrics. 4 Yards of each please!!
When I walk into this store the first thing I'm going to do (before I fondle all those bolts of fabric) is to breathe in the sweet scent of 14000 different fabrics. MMMMMM.


I don't really sew. But I love materials. I like pretending I could do cool stuff with them! You can hold all the bolts I buy!! And push the trolley! I will work on building up some muscles.

They even offer a made to order service.


I love designers. I love fabric. I love finding out what inspires designers and I love the history side of fashion. Fashion itself, in terms of me being fashionable, I'm not really that fussed. Odd hey.
I just like museums :)
This place looks awesome and they offer courses to! I'm sure I could easily work a course in on our travels.


My turn! Top of my wish list is Pax Lodge. One of our homes and the home of 10 million other girls and women world wide. I am really hoping we will be able to stay here. They even have an Australian room!
I totally forgot Pax Lodge, one of the inspirations for this entire adventure! This is why you keep me around!




I would also love to do a Jack the Ripper tour. I love history so no it is not all about Johnny Depp. Or some fascination with murder.
Mmmm Johnny Depp, could we just tour him instead. Lol that sounds ruder than it is meant to be. A Jack the Ripper tour would be fascinating. And I totally think we should do this at night. And get dressed in costumes circa 1880's!!!! Dressing up sounds great! But night? You remember I am a wuss right? If I have nightmares you will be forced to wake up and talk to me. You can talk while I read the books we buy at Waterstones, lol.



And ... drum roll .... I really want to see a show at the West End. I have a feeling picking what we see will be the hardest choice!
"A" show? I think it will have to be more than one!
A show or ten? How does that sound? I think we need to pick one each, then one for each of our kids, you know, for belated congratulation gifts. That would bring us up to 9 shows. I really think this would work for the best.


Ooooo that was fun, we'll see you next friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment